Protection of Water Bodies
Water source management must be adapted to natural balance of water ecosystems.
The use of waters is tightly connected to their quality. Water management is always subject to different interests and circumstances – urban use of space, agriculture, traffic, non-constructed public sewage network. All these activities have a negative effect on water quality. Multipurpose use of predominantly standing waters can be achieved by preventive measures in catchment areas. They result in control of nutrient balance (limiting eutrophication), prevention of filling and sedimentation of deposits, prevention of contamination of water bodies with poisonous substances and maintaining natural balance of lake ecosystems.
Our services can be complete or partial but always customer oriented:
- management and protection programs for lakes, reservoirs etc.,
- revitalisation of watercourses,
- determination of ecologically acceptable flow,
- co-natural water retention measures,
- identification and quantification of pollutants,
- determination of ecological status,
- determination of multipurpose use of standing water body,
- elaboration of expert basis for preventive and sanitation measures (ex. eutrophication prevention),
- ecological and economic evaluation of suggested measures,
- elaboration of final project design,
- surveillance of construction and measure implementation,
- propositions for water management and ecoremediation of banks,
- elaboration of monitoring program.